a newspaper man adjusts his pen

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Mount Zion Church Day 1


For many reasons the closed Mount Zion Church in Nottingham Township, Pa., keeps luring me back there to take photos and walk around its small, ancient cemetery.

That said I am going to make every effort to return to the property on Cracker Jack Road every day for 30 consecutive days this month to photograph something that catches my eye.

I don't know anything about church's history other than it was built in the mid-1800s, and do expect its story will be revealed here as this series plays out.

But most importantly, I want to draw attention to the building's deteriorating condition in hopes something will be done to preserve the redbrick structure before it disappears from the landscape.

                                                                                                              Scott Beveridge

No comments: