a newspaper man adjusts his pen

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A sloth in the laundry

By Scott Beveridge

These here Purex COMPLETE 3-in-1 Laundry Sheets are the best things going since flip top beer cans for a lazy guy like me whose dirty clothes often end up on the same floor as those just out of the dryer.

You see everything I need to clean them right comes in one thin sheet - that's right, the soap, the fabric softener AND the anti-static guard - to get my tighty-whiteys easily bright and clean from the washing machine right through the dryer cycle.

When you buy this stuff, you no longer need to measure laundry soap. If there is a big load of dirty clothes, you just have to toss in two sheet of this miracle product.

Seriously, though, my favorite part of this invention involves its ability to eliminate bulky plastic laundry soap jugs and other related products from the waste stream. For less than $10, one small package of this Purex stuff has the capacity of cleaning 38 loads of clothes.

While this product had been introduced about a year ago, it's taken this long for it to either find its way on the shelves at the Wal-Mart stores in this neck of Appalachia, or I sadly have been wearing blinders while shopping. It's true, I do grumble at the thought of grocery shopping, and also chant F-bombs under my breath while I'm in those kinds of stores until the experience is over.

And, I am not alone in giving Purex the seal of approval for this invention. The Discovery Channel gave the product a gold star two months ago at its Edison Best New Product Awards in New York.

“Innovation is more important now than ever,” Sarah Miller Caldicott, great-grandniece of Thomas ALVA Edison and chairman of the awards committee, stated in a news release.

She nailed that one right.

Somehow I managed to find the motivation to run two loads of clothes through my laundry room this weekend, and they came out perfectly clean and without static. Well except of a few T-shirts that have black ink stains on them now because I left two pens in a shirt pocket.

But, thanks to Purex, I have had a little more time to waste.

(PLEASE NOTE: This blog does not accept invitations or money for product reviews or endorsements.)

3 comments:

MJ said...

Nice socks

Amanda Blu said...

Tighty-whiteys? Ugh. And you say I share too much info. ;)

Scott said...

Revealing my underwear preference is so, SO mild compared to the information you share.